Wavefront Introduces Canadian Companies to Smart Manufacturing Markets in Taiwan and Japan
Published on Global News Wire on November 28, 2017.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 28, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wavefront Innovation Society (“Wavefront”), the Centre of Excellence for commercialization of mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, announced that five Canadian tech companies are taking part in a market linkages trip to explore business opportunities in the smart manufacturing sector in Taiwan and Japan. As global leaders in advanced manufacturing, these markets are home to many early adopters of productivity enhancing technologies.
Taking place November 27 – December 1, the trip is hosted by Wavefront in partnership with Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service. Participating companies will take part in business-to-business meetings with potential customers and partners in Taipei and Osaka before traveling to Tokyo to attend the System Control Fair/Measurement and Control show.
Wavefront’s Global Market Entry Program helps Canadian mobile and IoT companies explore new global markets through market linkage trips to countries around the globe. These specialized trips are focused on a specific sub-sector of the mobile industry and custom tailored for a small, select group of Canadian companies.
Following a nationwide search, these five companies were selected to take part in the trip:
- Connio: Connio Inc. is a Vancouver, Canada based technology company helping industrial manufacturing companies to merge their OT and IT operations.
- EMSCAN: EMSCAN provides leading edge lab bench solutions for magnetic very-near-field measurement, for both Printed Circuit Board Engineers and Antenna Engineers.
- Litmus Automation: Litmus Automation provides middleware for the Internet of Things.
- Skkynet: Skkynet is a global leader in real-time middleware products that allow you to securely acquire, monitor, control, visualize, network and consolidate live process data in-plant or over insecure networks.
- Sendum: Sendum provides solutions for real time supply chain visibility and proactive intervention — addressing supply chain security, quality and logistics performance.
“We’re very excited about the world-leading companies taking part in this trip,” says Brian Roberts, Vice President, Global Services, Wavefront. “They all have innovative, proven solutions for the smart manufacturing industry, and we believe this trip will allow them to make significant gains in global markets.”
Wavefront has taken more than 230 Canadian companies to 35 countries since 2009; companies accessing Wavefront programs report increasing foreign sales by 47%.
Other notable 2017 trips included Mexico and Columbia (Agri-Tech), Germany and the Netherlands (Smart Manufacturing), Washington, DC (Smart Cities) and Europe (Carrier and Network Infrastructure Solutions). Wavefront’s next trip will be to Seattle and Portland in Winter 2018 focusing on Smart Retail. Find out more at wavefront.ca.
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space. Our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.